Monday, November 28, 2016

Fingers Crossed for Davante Adams

With a promising start to the weekend, it's now a coin-flip to win this week after Carolina's near-comeback last night. My opponent played Jonathan Stewart, whose excellent second half helped make up for weak showings from most of his other starters.

Of course I didn't do myself any favors by leaving Brandon Marshall and Kenny Britt on the bench in favor of Jarvis Landry and Steve Smith. Landry was a last minute decision, as I was leaning toward Kenny Britt. My instinct that Tannehill would pass like crazy against the 49ers was a good one, but he didn't give Landry one of those TDs that he dished out. Smith had been playing well and I thought he'd continue to do so against Cincinnati.

If I'd started one of those two over Smith or Landry, I'd have the win locked up going into tonight. As it stands, I'm down by six points with Davante Adams left to play tonight. He's been on a run lately and hopefully he can find the end zone.

Some of my decisions did pan out though. Kirk Cousins game through big against Dallas and leaving Gurley on the bench in favor of Carlos Hyde also proved correct, even if a late Doug Martin fumble prevented him from matching Gurley's score. I think Gurley stays on the bench next week against New England. Justin Tucker's monster game also helped buoy the team.

So here's to Davante Adams hopefully seeing the end zone and and the Packers pulling it out over the Eagles. I'll be watching tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment