Monday, November 21, 2016

Well, there goes my season (probably)....

Much like sex and karaoke, sometimes it's best not to overthink fantasy football. That's what I did this week and it looks like it just might've knocked me out of playoff contention. With neither my opponent nor I with any players in tonight's game, I lost this week by 27 points.

Now, my decision to start Stafford over Cousins only accounted for 22 of those points, so it's entirely possible I would've lost anyway, but in picking upside (Stafford) over floor (Cousins), clearly was a mistake. I knew Cousins would have a solid game against Green Bay, but I also thought that Washington could get ahead early and rest on the run or that a challenged Green Bay defense might rally and put up a decent game. Stafford, I reasoned, might not put up explosive yardage numbers but with so many medium-range passing threats he'd easily put a few in the end zone. Nope.

Oh well.

I suppose the writing was on the wall anyway as injuries and bye weeks hampered my Week 11 options. This week's pickup, WR Robert Woods had a promising first quarter with 40+ yards only to get knocked out with sprained knee. The only WR on the bench, Jarvis Landry, put up a mediocre day but still would've netted me 4 more points than either Britt or Woods. Of course, I still would've lost even with Cousins and Landry.

I need to make some moves and win out. On the plus side, Carlos Hyde is showing like he has a decent floor, Steve Smith is still solid and TODD GURLEY SCORED A TOUCHDOWN. I've got Melvin Gordon and Brandon Marshall back next week.

No need to make a waiver move this week, but I'll probably cut Woods anyway since it's doubtful he'll be back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment