Thursday, November 17, 2016

Week 11 Preview

Thursday
Another tough bye week, but thankfully the last one. Most notably I've got Melvin Gordon, my top scorer, out. Brandon Marshall is out too and, although he hasn't been the most productive WR in recent weeks, I'm so thin at the position that I could use any help I can get.

The Line-Up
In line with my new approach, I'm starting Matthew Stafford at QB over Kirk Cousins. I think that Stafford has a much higher upside against the Jaguars and he has a good array of mid-yardage receiving targets which should keep the passing game somewhat active even if the Lions take an early lead. I think that Cousins has the better floor, but Green Bay could rally and present a better defense then they have in recent weeks.

At running back, alas, I still have to play Todd Gurley. Alongside Gurley, I'm starting Doug Martin and hoping for the best in his second week back from injury.

My receivers this week are Jarvis Landry, Kenny Britt, and Steve Smith, Sr. Landry has a shot at a decent week if he and Tannehill start connecting early, but I'm not optimistic. On the flip-side of Dolphins-Rams match-up I've got Kenny Britt, which is my biggest wild card. I'm hoping Jared Goff is still able to ride Britt's hot hand through this week. I have no expectations for Smith, just a hope that he can get 5-10 points for me.

Speaking of hot hands, I've decided to start TE Cameron Brate over the perhaps more reliable Kyle Rudolph. Brate has been tearing it up and I can see him continuing to do so against Kansas City.

RB Carlos Hyde, who was my regular flex before he was injured, is back in that position. Here's hoping he finds the end zone again.

Despite a lackluster performance last week, I decided to hold on to the Patriots D/ST, who have a very good matchup against the 49ers. Justin Tucker will keep kicking.

I'm not too worried about this lineup as I'm literally starting the best lineup I possibly can with my bye week issues. The only significant coin flip is Stafford over Cousins. If I was in a position to play more conservatively I also might consider keeping Martin on the bench to see how his recovery goes, slot Hyde into the RB2 slot, and then flex Kyle Rudolph, but I need upside this week and if Gurley, Martin, or Hyde can find the end zone a couple times, I'll be on my way.

The Waiver Wire
No notable pickups this week for Spearmint Wino. I'm going to keep an eye on last week's pickup, Dion Lewis, to see how the Patriots use him. In my other league (which I'll be de-emphasizing on this site moving forward), I did decide to pick-up Sebastian Janikowski as my kicker but keep the very consistent Brandon McManus through his bye week. I have more bench spots in that league.

Tonight's Game
I've got Mark Ingram going in my other league. Hopefully he hangs on to the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment