Thursday, November 17, 2016

Winners & Losers

So far, this season has been a disappointment. Most disappointing of all is that I used my first round pick in both leagues on one Mr. Todd Gurley. Last season's scoring machine has been a middling back at best and because (as I've mentioned) my league's stingy scoring format, I haven't even benefited from his increased use in the passing game.

I've also had struggles from Brandon Marshall and Jarvis Landry, my two top receivers, which isn't saying much, I know. After strong starts, they've both struggled with quarterback inconsistency and, in Marshall's case, the loss of Eric Decker--leaving him as the Jets' only deep threat. Landry has seen his role reduced with the emerging dominance of Jay Ajayi. The only real shining star from my draft class was Melvin Gordon who is Spearmint Wino's scoring leader and is my only non-QB who has scored 10+ points in almost every game (he only scored 9 against Denver in Week 6).

On the plus side, I've got Carlos Hyde back from injury. Hyde scored in 4 of his first 5 games before going down to injury. I'm starting him this week against New England. If he can pull off a decent performance in this tough match-up, he should be solidly back as my RB2/flex and I can entertain the idea of benching Gurley.

Also on the cautiously optimistic side are four recent waiver wire pickups. Steve Smith, Sr. has so far been a high floor WR3 with scoring potential, RB Doug Martin scored a TD in his first game back from injury, and Kenny Britt has been killer 3 of his last 4 games. I also picked up Dion Lewis, who should be back this week and I'm thinking could get quite a bit of end zone work, but we'll see.

(Of course my whole season could fall apart if new Rams QB Jared Goff doesn't click with Britt the way Case Keenum did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment